Thursday, December 20, 2012

Final Exam 2012: Le professeur de musique's Top Metal/Near-Metal Albums

And now it's time to reveal my top metal and near-metal albums of the year.  For the past few years, my music diet has consisted almost exclusively of releases from the metal world, and this year wasn't much different.  Although I didn't hear every metal record that came out this year, there were certain ones that ended up on heavy rotation.  And from these came my top twenty.

My number one pick came out of nowhere and blows me away every time I hear it.  This band's been flying under most people's radar, but it's about time these guys get the recognition they deserve.

So without further ado, here's my top metal/near-metal list.




Le professeur de musique's top metal/near-metal albums
20. Mutilation Rites - Empyrean
19. Asphyx - Deathhammer
18. 3 Inches of Blood - Long Live Heavy Metal
17. Grave - Endless Procession of Souls
16. High on Fire - De Vermis Mysteriis
15. Saint Vitus - Lillie: F-65
14. Enslaved - Riitiir
13. Pig Destroyer - Book Burner
12. Nachtmystium - Silencing Machine
11. Converge - All We Love We Leave Behind
10. Yakuza - Beyul
09. Graveyard - Lights Out
08. Drudkh - Eternal Turn of the Wheel
07. Liberteer - Better to Die on Your Feet Than Live on Your Knees
06. Alcest - Les Voyages de l'Âme
05. Conan - Monnos
04. Witchcraft - Legend
03. Baroness - Yellow & Green
02. Neurosis - Honor Found in Decay
01. Windfaerer - Solar

No comments:

Post a Comment