Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Final Exam 2012: Le professeur de musique's Top Non-Metal Albums of the Year

Coming up with a list of my top 10 non-metal albums was a fairly easy exercise.  Coming up with a top 20, however, would have been much more difficult.  I didn't listen to a ton of non-metal records, mostly because there weren't that many that grabbed my attention and warranted repeated listens.  But the ones that did catch my ears are worth noting and are thus listed below.

Admittedly, I did not hear every record that came out this past year (nor do I wish to).  My number one pick is an album that got better and better each time I heard it early on.  And it's been a go-to record for much of the year.  The other releases from my top 10 are formidable and also merit your time if you're not already down.




Le professeur de musique's top 10 non-metal albums
10. Sharon Van Etten - Tramp
09. Royal Headache - Royal Headache
08. Bob Dylan - Tempest
07. Moonface - With Siinai: Heartbreaking Bravery
06. Japandroids - Celebration Rock
05. The Tallest Man on Earth - There's No Leaving Now
04. Guided By Voices - Class Clown Spots A UFO
03. Gentleman Jesse - Leaving Atlanta
02. Dinosaur Jr. - I Bet On Sky
01. Cloud Nothings - Attack On Memory

No comments:

Post a Comment